Onions can be prepared in many different ways, but consuming them in caramelized form is definitely one of the tastiest ways to enjoy these healthy veggies.
However, most people avoid preparing them in this way because the process is a little bit difficult – you have to check the stove all the time, keep stirring them all the time and be careful so that they won’t burn.
This is quite complicated or most people and it take only a moment to churn and burn your dish. That’s why we have decided to whip up some sweet onions and see the results.
Once we have tried the same procedure for several times, with some small changes and modifications each time, we are proud to say that we have mastered the preparation of these onions.
So, chop the onions and add a small amount of butter along with some balsamic vinegar or brown sugar. After that, throw them in your cooker and wait for the results.
Next, you can use these onions in a tasty French onion-based soup or as a dressing for a green bean casserole. Believe us when we say that you won’t be disappointed.
Cooker Caramelized Onions
Recipe for Four Cups
- Half a cup or one stick of unsalted butter. Cut it into pats.
- Four pounds of peeled and chopped yellow onions
- Brown sugar
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Balsamic vinegar,
- Put the onions in slow cooker and place the butter pats above them.
- Seal the slow cooker and cook in low mode for about eight hours. Stir the onions from time to time.
- Once these eight hours pass, check the content and analyze their appearance and consistency. They should be tender. This is also the time when you can use salt, brown sugar, ground pepper and/or balsamic vinegar.
- Next, cover the cooker again, but leave the lid slightly open. Cook for two hours or until you notice that the onions got the required tenderness and that there is a minimal cooking juice left.
- Use a container that can be sealed well to store the onions. Serve cold or hot.
- 10 Horrifying and Toxic Ingredients That Prove McDonald’s Is Not Fit for Consumption
- Get Instant Relief from Headaches Using These 3 DIY Remedies